View Single Post
Old 13 Feb 19, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Our Disney check in date is Wednesday 14th August and after our ride over from UO, don't think we will be up for much else other than unpacking and a QS meal at The Mara 👌😴

This trip I am under strict instructions from DH that it is one park day followed by one non-park day and I am most impressed with myself that my plan has pretty much managed to adhere to this!
Day 1 of our WDW portion of trip will of course be MK, and keeping with tradition am aiming for a Crystal Palace ADR but lunchtime instead of breakfast. The aim is to have an early night the day we check in and then hope to catch opening ceremony which we didn't manage to do last trip. With this in mind, a nice late buffet lunch with our pals from Hundred Acre Wood before an early-ish finish on our first day (yes I know *technically* it's our third day but hey )

Friday is then our first scheduled rest day (should the words 'scheduled' and 'rest even appear in the same sentence? ..) and looking to enjoy our first Boma dinner of the holiday tonight, yum!

Saturday is EMH at AK and hopefully lunch at Yak and Yeti, a first for us but after reading so many good reviews on here and being able to cater for vegans (DH) it seemed the best choice!
Sunday rest day (these days will mainly be pool days, possibly with a bit of shopping thrown in ) then Monday DHS and if weather permits, my absolute fave

Fantasmic!
Last trip we did the Mama Melrose dining package for this but think we are just going to wait in line normally this time round as I have my eye on a couple of signature dining restaurants...
Tuesday's rest day may involve taking DD pony riding although she may be too tall so possibly a carriage ride? I hope to get a Trails End reservation for dinner so DH can experience the amazing chef TJ's vegan buffet - looking at recent posts online am hoping he will be working then!

Wednesday sees our first Epcot day with a later start so we can make it for Illuminations (hoping it continues til end of August!) and a Teppan Edo dinner before we head to the balcony to watch the show (another new restaurant for us and thanks to all who recommended it!)
Thursday rest day is coupled with the first signature restaurant I have planned -

Flying Fish at The Boardwalk. This was not really a contender until Dr. JJ's food report! The man himself was so kind enough to ask them about vegan menus for me and I now have the email of the sous chef for any questions before we go - thank you again Dr. JJ I confess after reading Claudette's shocking time there I wavered a little but I shall give it a try...
Friday's adventures I am quite excited about as this is day 2 of MK and also hopefully BBB day! Daisy did this when she was 4 and we took a Tiana dress with us which was so much cheaper than getting it there and was still a wonderful experience. Although she doesn't yet know she is going, she is forever saying how she would be Belle if she went again so that dress is on my shopping list soon Last time we booked CRT to coincide with this although reservation did not come up until the day after BBB, but this time round I am looking for an early dinner at 1900 Park Fare with Cinderella et al - wish me luck for Friday trying to book both together!

Saturday rest day I think will be needed after Friday's excitement! Sunday is EMH at DHS if there are rides there we didn't manage first time round otherwise a rest day and a second dinner at Boma in the plans, then Monday am thinking of AKL and RoL which had not yet started on our last trip. To keep us energised, will be looking for Tusker House lunch today and not an early start.
Onto our last full day which although designated a rest day, may see if there are any rides we failed to do or want to do again. Am thinking of Epcot as only one day been planned here. Last evening meal has been designated as Narcoosees - that Dr. JJ's food report strikes again

Which leads us to our last day, Wednesday
A leisurely Boma breakfast before checkout and free choice of where to go. I think we will be collected just before 4pm from AKL for Magical Express so almost a full day
We are on the later flight home so enjoying the prospect of a bed to try and actually sleep on the plane before an almost 3 hour drive home after collecting car from valet parking south terminal.
Well at least that is the plan for now - I will update after Friday to see if there were any initial tweaks required! Thanks for reading along and your lovely comments!

Edited at 10:49 PM.
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List