View Single Post
Old 19 Oct 20, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

we were at a wedding way up north that allowed BYOB and they used a local caterers but I think the venue hire was relatively expensive. The one we went to was in Aboyne and that was truly lovely but it did involve everyone having an overnight stay because of the location
glentanar/weddings

I must admit it was one of the best weddings I have ever been to but I doubt it was any less expensive for the couple than a hotel catered wedding.

Narrow down what you mean by self catering and what size of wedding venue you would need and locations you are thinking of as that will give you a better idea. If its a small wedding then one of my team got married on Saturday in Aviemore and I know they had hired several lodges up there and had a registrar come along with a family dinner afterwards. They only had 13 at that though. They did have a restaurant dinner but am sure SC would have been possible.
As an aside my DH was an usher at a wedding down in Buckingham where the couple self catered and I spent most of my time in the kitchen as they didn't factor in who would unwrap and plate up the food or even put it on the buffet table. The mother of the groom was the same and the bridesmaids, best men and ushers ended up serving the drinks and clearing tables etc so they actually didnt get to enjoy the day at all. It was a massive undertaking and I had easily underestimated how much work it was and would have been. They also had to stay until everyone had left (being bouncers to clear the place first) as the whole venue needed to be clean and tidy before the let finished. Just make sure when you do go SC you have enough hands to help as the last thing you will be able to do or want to do it that kind of thing on the day.
sparklegirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List