View Single Post
Old 2 Oct 20, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Danisleigh is right, no magic bands but there is a room card.

As a more general point - DLP is very, very different from WDW. It's a completely different culture, in the same way as the parks in Tokyo, Hong Kong and Shanghai are. To get the most out of your visit, don't expect it to be an American experience! Europeans like very different things from Americans and the parks are a completely different experience.

One big difference - the French don't really snack. It gets in the way of their 2 hour 3 course lunch and their 2 hour 3 course dinner! So you won't find the range of snacks in DLP that you would in WDW. As you have the dining plan, you can have a big buffet breakfast that will keep you going well into the afternoon. I'll be honest and say full board is way too much for me. We usually have a buffet breakfast and aren't hungry again till at least 3pm. But with the full board you have a 3 course lunch and a 3 course dinner. You may be able to use one credit at a counter service place (at the discretion of the CM) but you won't get the value out of it. Still, if it's free, go ahead and fill your boots!

Other good ways to prepare - read trip reports, watch YouTube videos, listen to podcasts - all will give you a good idea of what to expect. Oh, and ask questions on here of course!
Thanks for the tips. I have been to DLP before but almost twenty years ago when I think it was Euro Disney so I am sure a lot has changed. I wasn’t onsite then either.

I almost booked the Disneyland Hotel but the extra cost that was partly going towards the full board plan put me off a little bit. We only have half board at the Newport Bay which I think is all we need, but as per my initial post, I might sometimes want to eat in a premium restaurant or off the premium menu.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List