View Single Post
Old 7 Aug 22, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Day 15: Morning in the Villa and Animal Kingdom

We spent the morning playing in the pool and playing pool so had a bit of a lazy morning really. DS16 still not feeling 100% so he decided he wouldn’t join us for our visit to Animal Kingdom.

We headed out at about 2:30 and the weather seemed several degrees cooler today and a little overcast which made it the perfect weather for walking round.

I was eager to ride Everest as it’s one of my favourite rides and it didn’t disappoint though it did seem to start off slower than I remember.

A kiss for DS13 - he looks thrilled! 😅

One of the things I love about Everest is the wait times. It was posted at 25 minutes but it was pretty much a walk on.

We then headed to Dinosaur as we weren’t able to ride this in 2016 as it was closed for refurbishment. Seemed to be having a major issue yesterday though - maybe it needs another one! We had just passed the buckle test when the ride went tech. We had a fifteen minute wait strapped in our seats whilst the engineers came and fixed it, only for it to break down again whilst we were on the ride. This time, they shut the ride completely and we had to be rescued, removed from the ride via a ladder and led through the ride on foot. It was all quite exciting! We were quite near the end of the ride much to DS13 disappointment - he wanted to see more of what it looked like in the light. I think the ladder was overkill - I’ve jumped off higher pavements. 😅 The delay did mean I missed the Lion King show which I’d been looking forward to. Hopefully, will catch it on my next visit.

We were given a free fast pass - oops lightning lane and we’re on our way. It’s tough to be a bug was just 10 minutes so we went in there. I was called after by a cast member as we entered the queue, “Excuse me madam, please be careful - your lace is untied.” Cue me looking down and realising I’m wearing flip flops. See - there are still funny and jokey cast members about. 🥰

Tough to be a bug is an oldie but a goody. DS13 couldn’t remember any of it from his last visit so got a shock from bugs under his seat etc.

We then decided to head to Pandora and Flight of Passage.

This was being built in 2016 so I was intrigued to see what it was like. I know it’s a very popular ride and judging by the queue time of 75 minutes - it still gets a lot of visitors. It was really good! I don’t know what I was expecting but it surpassed my expectations. Loved it. By the time we got off, there was only 25 minutes before park closing and so we used our free lightning lane on Navi River Journey. I wouldn’t ride this again. Earlier in the day, this had a wait time of 80 minutes. 80! Why?!? It was pretty but a place I’d go for a rest and a cool down.

I can’t believe how quick our time went. This is why I prefer getting there earlier but never mind. We didn’t see any animals apart from some parrots when we entered the park and some tortoises. We also didn’t make it to Africa at all.

We will definitely need to go back.

I have had a craving for fruit today so - not having eaten any in over two weeks- I think my body is trying to tell me something. So we stopped off at Walmart for fresh supplies. Wine counts as fruit right?

Also picked up the largest avocado I’ve ever seen! I honestly thought it was a mango.

Tomorrow, DH and DS16 are playing golf at the golf club. Should be interesting as neither of them have played golf properly before. 😬 DS16 is most excited about driving the golf cart. Let’s hope they come back in one piece!
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List