Old 14 Jun 18, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What? No DDP? Pre Trip Report Sept 2018

So I’ve done a pre trippie for my trip report (link here) but don’t usually do a dining pre trippie. I decided though that I like talking about the food we’re going to eat so here goes.

The Plan

My sister Marie & I have been going to Florida for years together. We went last year, and the year before and agreed that we would have a break this year and wait until 2019. Circumstances changed and we were able to book but only for one week. On the basis that a week there is better than a week here we decided to go for it!

We normally stay at Disney with free dining, the last offsite stay being 2008. Although we’ve had a few days with no DDP some years this is the first we’ve had a whole week. The last time we stayed with a room discount we paid for DDP. I don’t have the figures and didn’t keep a note of costs but I had worked out that we’d at least break even and we liked the idea of having food paid for.

Prices for this year for 2 of us for 7 nights are:

QSDP - £35.99 pp pn so £503, or around $650
DDP - £49.99 pp pn so £699, or around $900

I considered both.

£500 for food for both of us for a week seems ok. But we do love our TS meals so chances are we’d pay OOP for a couple. Fine if QSDP is free but not if you’re paying.

£700 for a week, £100 per day again seems reasonable. That’s £50 per person for 3 meals plus snacks really. But then I thought, let’s just leave it. Let’s see how much we actually spend on food.

So for the first time in forever () we have no DDP 😱.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List