col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Never Mind Epricot, I want to ride Splash Mtn again Day 2

17th October 2011

We were up at 7.30am today and after breakfast, Chris and the kids got in the pool. There was no great rush to leave... We were going to Walmart this morning to pick up the 2 Net 10 phones I had ordered to use for our trip.

Look at the view that we had the pleasure of every day... the lake was lovely and still this morning
[IMG][/IMG]

And before I forget, last night once the kids had gone to bed, I started to open all the parcels that Carrie had delivered for me so I could see some of my online purchases, some were to be Christmas presents for the kids, I took a photo of some
[IMG][/IMG]
and then covered the other couch with stuff and took another pic
[IMG][/IMG]
And then I looked at all the other unopened boxes and began to feel a bit queasy at the thought of getting all that stuff home... so I did what any other compulsive shopper does, I put everything including the unopened parcels in the spare bedroom and decided to forget about that little problem for now... more on that later in the hol...

Okkkkaaayy, Walmart...oh no...is all I'll say. In my defence I typed in our zipcode on the walmart site and it gave me the address to our closest walmart so I duly ordered the phones to be sent there. When Chris put said address in the Sat Nav (who by the way is now known as Emmie Lou..) Chris found it hilarious that I was referring to the sat nav as a she now so he went one further and named her, I had nothing to do with the choice... really I didn't.

And it was saying the Walmart is 45 mins away...? What? noooo... we had tried other searches on the sat nav..I am not calling her Emmie Lou every single time... and nothing else was coming up so after another debate that I knew I was losing off we went

The Car and the calm before the storm...

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

So there we are travelling along as we whizz past a Walmart (which we now know is Cagans crossing) surely thats nearer than 45mins away...so we continue on our merry way although I am beginning to feel a tad sick and Chris asks me to say if I see any signs for Walmart which I really don't want to do as I normally almost cause a crash if I shout things out ramdomly...

Kids have been silenced, theres no radio on and you can cut the atmosphere with a knife and there's still no walmart according to Emmie Lou and we are 45 mins in now..

And then she tells us to turn left which was stressful in itself, we were by signs for Haines City here... so left turn...you have reached your destination...errrmmm no Emmie Lou we haven't...not even a little bit, instead were we are is in a maze of residential houses, some of them boarded up and a Sheriffs Car was pulled over at the side talking to someone...

I told Chris to forget the phones and Walmart, we have already wasted valuable park time and our safety is more important than a couple of phones and we should just get back on the main road. That went down like a lead balloon, apparently I wasn't helping the situation..

Anyway...we turned round, forgot walmart and the net 10 phones and made our way to Epcot. In silence.

[IMG][/IMG]

oooh look its the happy happy magic sign! As usual all bad moods melt away and we are all disnyfied again yay! It's 11.30am now, in 09 we only spent 1 day here but we had 2 days planned so we decided to leave the world showcase for a full day later on and we concentrated on Future world today.

As we went through bag check, I met a Dibber! I had my trusty Lanyard on she popped over to say hello, we didn't have time to chat but LisaM it was lovely to meet you and thanks for saying Hi!

We went straight for FP for Soarin, Brandon & I have been on this in 09 but Chris and Jess hadn't so it was something we could all do together, return time was from 16.45 which was fine as we had an ADR @ 6.30pm at Coral Reef.

as Nemo was a walk on we gave it a go, Jess loves this
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

By now it was lunch and I wanted to go to Sunshine Seasons as I had decided to try and not eat all hotdogs and burgers at counter service restaurants this year...didn't go terribly well, Jess, who will eat anything wouldn't entertain anything, she had 2 bowls of cereal, and Brandon and a mini meltdown and started crying about his food which is so so not like him..he ended up with a tiny tuna salad and some grapes, to be fair it had't been the best morning and the kids were probably feeling it..

this was my offering - Chicken and Mash - it was okay
[IMG][/IMG]

Chris had a Reuben
[IMG][/IMG]
I've always wanted to try a Reuben so I pleased Chris ordered it, but I tasted it and hated it! wasn't for me - bleugh! But Chris loved it which is the main thing!

Characters up next - both our kids love the whole auograph thing and these were fun today!
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

We have now collected FP's for test track and mission space had barely any wait so we headed over and queued for the green ride. Jessica's turn to have a melt down, whats with today? we all enjoyed this ride except poor Jess, she hated it...cried all the way through..It was so hard to judge with Jess what she may love or hate, it was more a case of lets just have a go and see..and this time it did not go well..

To help with the tears we took them for Ice cream at the fountain view. Certainly cheered Jess up
[IMG][/IMG]
Chris Sundae
[IMG][/IMG]
And I had a Coke Float
[IMG][/IMG]

I have exceeded photos again so continued in next post for the afternoon and Dinner at Coral Reef!

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014

Edited at 04:12 PM.
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List