View Single Post
Old 12 Aug 16, 12:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Quebec 2016 - On y va LIVE - Day 13 - Lac De L'Est

The usual morning routine! Breakfast was banana bran muffins we were given yesterday by the owner's wife.

After breakfast we decided to do the circuit walk again - this time with the kids.

The tide was slowly coming in. Lots of rock pools to explore.

Our only wildlife today - a frog. No coyotes as yet though we all keep our eyes peeled on the drive out.

DH and DS bought the canoe down to the beach.

DD fished - just the usual tiny crevettes.

DD and DH went out in the canoe. They really enjoyed it - obviously had to paddle hard one way as they were against the tide.

After lunch we decided to go to le lac de l'Est. It is a lac that straddles both Canada and the USA. Not sure how they manage the border!

15km from it we hit the gravel road. Made the car even dirtier- so much do that DH washed it when we got back.

The kids loved this whizzy round thingy - even if it did kill their hands. Not sure the H&S brigade would like it though

It was a beach on a campsite - 40km from civilisation. We paid C$16 to go in - a bargain.

The kids loved climbing on this blow up contraction - said it was hard work though. The water was quite warm - well warmer than the St Lawrence river!

We weren't sure where Canada ended and the USA began!

It was a long straight road home - 15km of gravel road and 30km of normal road! We all agreed it had been a fabulous afternoon.

I mentioned yesterday about the grain stores resembling skyscrapers - this was the best photo I could manage in a moving car!

After dinner and the usual trip out to the ice cream parlour, the kids took the fish down to the river to be released.

And the nightly sunset!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List