View Single Post
Old 19 Aug 16, 03:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Quebec 2016 - On y va LIVE - Day 20 - Walking And Tubing - Again!

The day started a little overcast!

We had the usual breakfast - trying to use up all the food as in Montreal we are in a hotel!

After a leisurely start to the day, we headed into town. The plan was a coffee stop at Tim Hortons then onto le Parc des Chutes again to do the trails we didn't do on Monday.

This wad my $1 iced coffee. Has to be said that it is far cheaper in Tim's than in Starbuck's!

As we were later arriving at the Parc it was a bit busier than earlier in the week.

We came across this tiny frog - we have seen a lot of these this holiday.

I live the noise a waterfall makes!

We had looked at the possible eating out options before leaving the house and chose "Le Boke"

DH had a brie and pear compote toastie with salad.

The kids both had the salmon burger and fries. Both declared it delicious.

I had a tuna wrap and fries which was also yummy.

I mentioned the sawdust mountain the other day. DH researched it and it seems that the local industry is paper making - for food packaging mainly. The sawdust is their raw product. The smell in the town can be quite off putting! Thankfully our house is far away!

We decided to spend the afternoon at the house.

First activity was fishing!

Then a lot of rapid riding. The kids and DH walked up the road to make for a longer ride. It was apparently faster too!

Time was also spent in the hot tub!

Eventually we had dinner - a clear out of the fridge plus smores made on the microwave - DD loved how they expanded!

I was well behaved and didn't partake tonight.

I did lots of washing, drying and packing so there isn't much to do tomorrow!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List