View Single Post
Old 18 Aug 17, 03:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Ontario and Quebec 2017: Day 24 - A Quiet Day At The Lake

We were all shattered after yesterday's activity (though I am not sure why as we just sat on a boat most of the day )

Breakfast was pancakes again! Trying to use everything up!

Afterwards, it took some time for us to get moving!

J and O went down to the dock and J did some fishing - no luck though! They had a good father/son chat though! The lake was very calm this morning - in terms of flatness and people being out and about!

I read my kindle sitting on the dock and did my usual wildlife photos! F was also fishing with her nets but also no luck!

This one was smaller than the other day but O was not impressed that it was so near the house!

After a lunch of falafels, salad and pittas we headed out to our fishing island! The lake was still extremely quiet except for someone cutting wood!

O left to go back to do his gym session but we stayed on. F and J fished and I lay down, just relaxing as you do

F had a lot of success - 31 fish. Her dad - zero

They were all released after having been counted!

It had been a hazy day - but the early evening sunlight gave some eerie photos! These were taken on the island or on the way back - it didn't feel as foreboding as the pictures give the impression!

Back at the house we realised that tea pickings were slim so J and I nipped to the "depanneur" (literally to rescue you - like a pick up truck!) - the local grocery shop.

While I like the house a lot, the fan drives me mad. I have hit my head on it once too often! Whoever installed it must have been short!

Dinner done, I started the packing

I also tried to log into the Air Transat site to no avail - it said our reservation was not to be found! I have sent an email to the travel agency (booked through J's work as we get 35% off that way! ) so hopefully they will sort it out before I have to do online check in tomorrow afternoon!

Last full day tomorrow! Though we did reveal to the kids that we are off to SoCal at Christmas - they were a little overwhelmed I think!

Edited at 03:31 AM.
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List