View Single Post
Old 1 Aug 18, 01:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

New England Summer 2018: Day 4 - To Vermont via Meredith NH

We were all awake by 6.30am. Breakfast was an effort to use up stuff - so yoghurt and fruit for the boys and toast for F and me.

We packed up and then hit the beach for a final surf.

The waves were a bit lacking so we didn't stay for so long.

We went back to the condo and finished up the packing and tidying up. We always try to leave the places reasonably clean and tidy but as with airbnb you can pay quite a hefty cleaning fee I won't scrub the floor! Don't get me wrong, it is clean but not in reletting standard!

We had enjoyed our first stay. North Beach was a nice location and suited us.

The condo was a little on the small side but it was well thought out as to how to maximize the available space. The decoration was quirky - I loved the wallpaper in the bathroom!

We left at about 10.30 - heading to Meredith NH to meet up with a friend.

We had arranged to meet a friend who was staying with her parents on Lake Winnisquam. She had access to the residents' beach club. As O said when we arrived, it was like a millionaire's club (though I am not sure how he knows! )

There was even a club house with immaculate bathrooms! We felt very spoilt!

Our friend arrived a few minutes after us. It was so lovely to see her. She had bought a picnic which we tucked into.

J went out on one of the SUP available - he had been wanting a go for ages so this was an ideal opportunity. His view was it was fun but he prefers a kayak!

The kids also gad a go. Not such s traditional way of doing it!

They also enjoyed the water trampoline!

I enjoyed catching up with my friend. I hadn't seen her since January 2017 so it was a treat!

We left about 3pm as we had about 2 hours to drive.

We drove through the White Mountain Forest - as I said to J - there were a lit of trees!

We stopped at Littleton to get gas ($42) and found a local ice cream shop. This was a kiddy size! Walnut maple and oreo ice creams! A very reasonable $11 for 4 tubs.

The scenery was very picturesque. We stopped at a supermarket to get some things in for dinner and breakfast.

We arrived at the farm at about 6pm. After taking in the bags we wandered around the farm.

We also saw the horses - F is ever hopeful she can ride tomorrow!

We returned back yo the house. I unpacked the packing cubes into the appropriate bedrooms and made pasta with a tomato sauce. Nothing very exciting!

The house is lovely - a lot more space. It is noisy as it is on the main road but we knew that. We are all tired after a busy day - tomorrow will be finding a book shop for O and hopefully some riding for F!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List