Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by dee slack View Post
What wonderful info - thank you.

It's been a while since we visited WDW but all the offers at the moment is making me think of adding 5 nights pre cruise next May. We were looking at the free QS plan but the option is to upgrade for £130 - the main factor for me to upgrade would be if we could use the TS credits for character meals, so does anyone have an idea how much a character meal would be per adult? Previously, we have dined at Crystal Palace, Tusker House, Chef Mickey - are there any other ones now, and costs? Sorry if these are basic Q's but it's a bit of a spur of the moment thought!
Character buffets tend to be in the region of $30-35 depending on which meal. I know Tusker House breakfast was around $32. There are character meals at Cape May, Hollywood & Vine, Garden Grill, 1900 Park Fayre, 'Ohana, Akershus.

Originally Posted by mempink View Post
Great thread, thank you.

My question is regarding the QSDDP, we went last year and had this plan and have got it for our 2016 trip too, reading the thread however I don't think we used our QSDDP as well as we could of.

We had breakfast at the hotel every morning (CBR), for us the choice was fine and the portions large so we often only grabbed a snack for lunch. For dinner we ate at two TS restaurants, T-Rex and Planet Holleywood, we paid for these meals. We did have lunch one day at Be our Guest and again paid for this.

For our next trip, I'd be grateful of any suggestions on how we can best use our credits, for example could we eat at a TS restaurant such as Plant Hollywood or Be our Guest and use our QS credits towards the cost of the meal?

Thank you xx
You can't use QS credits for TS meals. Lunch at Be Our Guest (and breakfast) are QS credits so you could have used your credits there. If you think there would be a lot of TS places you'd eat at it might be worth considering upgrading to standard DDP. Otherwise you could share a QS breakfast or lunch depending on how you like to eat.

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Another question sorry, if you decided to upgrade your hotel would you still get DDP? We have booked in a moderate hotel and upgraded but if funds change in the future we might upgrade.
Also how long is the free DDP on for (our friends are now thinking about it)
Thanks
Yes if you have paid to upgrade DDP and upgrade your hotel then you'd get standard DDP and the cost difference taken into account. We did this a few years ago.
The offer is on until November, the 3rd I think. The $200 giftcard finishes 9th July and I believe it will be replaced by a $100 for a time.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List