View Single Post
Old 11 Jun 17, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
So why do we do what we do on holiday?

We have been going to Orlando in October since about 2011 and we have refined out holiday into something we really enjoy. This is what is important to us and why we book what we do

(1) "Down Time" = Villa. Like many other dibbers, we live very busy lives, I am out of the house from 6am to 8pm most days. So for us, we need our relaxation time so plan plenty of pool days and chilled evening, reading and chatting. We love the space, the pool and the peace and quiet which comes with a villa. Again this year, for the third time, we have booked Dibb Bolton's Villa on Windwood Bay.

(2) Water Water Everywhere. Both Mr W and I are water babies, we love swimming and splashing so Waterparks feature highly in our planning. We fell in Love with Discovery Cove 2 years ago and Aqauatica has long been our favourite waterpark. This year the free parking which comes with Discovery Cove Ultimate tickets means we will probably swap a couple of our villa pool days for part of the day at Aquatica

Our most important waterpark day is always our first day. We pre-book a Cabana and dining and get up early (who doesn't?) and head out for the day.

This means the out of pocket spends (with free parking) for day one is almost nil. I can read in the cabana and get use to the heat. Mr W could spend the day in Roa Rapids if he could

(3) Halloween Howls. Our main reason for going. This week I bought our Frequent Fear with Express Pass tickets. These will give us 6 or 7 opportunties to go to Halloween Horror and we will also do a couple of nights over in Tampa at Busch Gardens "Howl-O-Scream".

We also go on the "Behind the Screams" tour and the Scareactor Dining which we really enjoyed 2 years ago.

(4) "Food Glorious Food". We are not huge foodies in terms of high end food but we do enjoy good grub, lots of meat and salads and ice cream... we really like ice cream.

As this is our first year with Universal Annual Passes, we intend to eat more at CityWalk (rather than grab a bit to eat on I-Drive before heading to the park early afternoon). I am glad both Coldstone Creamery and Menchies give 10% of with season tickets.

(5) Adventure Golf. When we are not at Halloween events, our evenings tend to be spent playing adventure golf. We get very very competitive (running four seperate competitions over the two weeks - Most matches won, most holes won, least strokes, most hole in ones!)

Our current favourites are the ones at Universal and we will do them both at least once!

All of this comes together and means no time for Disney. We don't miss it, we will go to Disney Springs at least once and also at least one of the golf courses!

Next Update - What is already booked

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Getting Our Kicks - Pre Trippie
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List