View Single Post
Old 24 Sep 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Day 1 - typhoon lagoon

FULL FIRST DAY

Water park day to ease us in... Was a nice warm 31°c today; perfect for a water park! We were awake at about 4.30 (well, I was anyways!) Woke to the news of Thomas Cook ☹️ panic stations! That was quickly rectified after phoning our insurance so we are now going to enjoy ourselves!

Breakfast down at mara again (sorry, didn't take a pic!) Then back up to the room for suncream wipe down then we can head out.

Now; back in '17 to get to the water parks you needed to do A bus change (springs for typhoon Lagoon, animal kingdom for blizzard beach.) Well, that's not the case any more. Direct buses again but they only run every 30 minutes or so. It was about a 10 minute wait from when we arrived so it was fine. We got on the shuttle (sensational 6 bus , goofy) and got there at around 10.30 🙂

Done misadventure falls and a few others before grabbing some arctic dots (these were yummy, and 1 SC) before heading back to the hotel. I'll be honest, I wasn't feeling well which was a shame. Chilled for a little in the room and before we know it it's near dinner. We had reservations at rainforest cafe at animal kingdom so made our way there. Food was yum! Couldn't manage dessert though so took it away with us haha. The wee man was getting super tired so we headed back to the hotel and he was out like a light bless.

Nice slow start to the holidays but tomorrow is animal kingdom, and if you have read my pre-trip report we have an otter experience arranged for our daughter. She doesn't know about it but I made her ears for the occasion 😄

----X----

Credits at the end of first full day;

Steps; 12,089

Edited at 11:29 AM.
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List