View Single Post
Old 27 May 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Yes, as stated by many, there's no definitive decision as to if/when the US expect ESTA/pp travel docs to name match, hence why many are content to travel on older ESTA's. It certainly seems a grey area as to when the application was amended, I've seen anything from March to June to Oct 2018.

Only recently read ESTA names/pp match was always required. Travelled on ESTA until 2012, never added hubs given/middle names, but then he's always been mis-matched!

Lily, this is the diagram and 'more info ?' that, apparently, recently appeared on the ESTA application, is this the one you saw circa June 2018?

Hi tomdan, other Dibbers report if, after refusal, one continues on with the ESTA application, additional given names can be added at the point when one rechecks/edits the form.
I appreciate your civil response. There should be scope in this forum (and elsewhere) for civil exchange and I hope you read my post in the spirit it was intended.
Yes, this is the page I recall when applying on 5 June 2008. It is interesting that the CBP have been reluctant to quote a date for this amendment, hence my point that whilst the online form provides an amended implementation of the rule, the implications of this amendment have yet to result in a ruling (in the judicial sense) that existing ESTAs prior to a certain date are invalid.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List