View Single Post
Old 19 Jun 19, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
alp1972
VIP Dibber

alp1972's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I popped into M and S today to get some goodies for our MC in Florida! Obviously I picked up a few extra bits too (as you do), anyway when we got to checkout Cash Only. I looked in my purse and I had exactly £42 in cash. Luckily there was a cash point (a very slow one) so I joined the queue for that, mentally adding up how much I'd spent. Anyway two people in front of me the cash machine went down. I stomped back to the trolley mentally discarding the non essentials to be told the card were now being accepted. So I paid (£56 something) and then remembered I needed a card. I bought said card and went to self pay checkout clasping my £2 coins and it refused to take cash. I pressed for help and waited and waited and waited some more then stomped over to the basket only till and paid.
I remember when M and S had enough staff and they are no cheaper now than they were then!

On a high note the cherries I bought were gorgeous tho. And I recommend the coronation potato salad.

Of course had I only bought what I went for I would have been well able to pay cash in the first place. There's a moral there somewhere!

PS and I forgot to use my Sparks card again.
I usually have about 20p in my purse just always forget to get cash out !

2023: Cabana Bay & Portofino Bay 2022: Caribbean Beach Resort / Portofino Bay / Cabana Bay 2020: Coronado Springs/Portofino 2019: Cabana Bay2017: Coronado Springs & Cabana Bay
2016: New York 2015: LBV Resort and Spa & Portofino Bay 2012: LBV Resort and Spa 2010: San Francisco, Las Vegas and St Lucia, Honeymoon
alp1972 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List