View Single Post
Old 3 Mar 10, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Day 0 - December 24th 2009

The weather in the UK:

We got up at 9am and packed the last minute bits like toothbrushes into our suitcases. I went off to the hairdresses at 11am to get my hair coloured for the final time. I got back at lunchtime and after we ate we took down the Christmas decorations.

We then did a bit of tidying, checked in online for our flights and I said bye bye to everyone on here and FB. We were then left with about an hour to kill before we needed to leave for the train station, I thought I would go crazy in that hour as I just wanted to get going.

Finally we set off. Mike drove me and the suitcases to the train station and left me at Costa Coffee with a hot chocolate while he took the car home and then walked back to the station. We got on the train and hour and a half later arrived at Gatwick airport.

We went to Twilight check in and found a queue which surprised me. While Mike got in the queue I double checked that my wedding dress suitcase was small enough to be allowed as hand luggage and it was phew. When we got near the front on the queue an arguement broke out between a woman checking in and a Virgin Check In girl, so that entertained us for a while. We dropped our bags off with no problems and I made a mental note of how much our suitcases weighed so that I could better judge on the way home.

Next we walked over to the Hilton hotel and checked in. We found these in our room...

We headed down to the restaurant and decided on the buffet. I decided to start the holiday the right way and had a glass of pink champagne, Mike had red wine. As it was Christmas Eve they had roast turkey as well as other items. After dinner it was back to the room to watch a bit of telly before bedtime.
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List