View Single Post
Old 20 Oct 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

COMPLETE OCT 2019 QSDP report: What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW!

Welcome to my second QSDP food report. This will be our forth time on the QSDP and we've also had the DDP twice, but as a family we've all decided that the flexibility of the QSDP works best for us. This year's trip was booked last April when free dining was released as a surprise for our daughter's 18th birthday. So we've kept it a secret for a year and a half and both she and her brother found out 2 weeks ago. Cue lots of squeals and tears of happiness

We're staying at Caribbean Beach for 2 weeks with the QSDP, but also have a night booked at Wilderness Lodge, a night at the Beach Club and a night at Cabana Bay Beach Resort.

Despite what many think, there's a huge variety of food available on the QSDP, and I think it's got even better in recent years with a lot of the new QS places that have opened. I'm always on the hunt for healthier options as that's how I like to eat normally. I'm really not a burger or hot dog fan and have never eaten either at Disney, and can't actually remember the last time I ate either in my everyday life! DH and the kids do like them though, so I'm sure there will still be some featured

I'm going to attempt to do it live and write up each day as it happens. I did it last time and it seemed to work really well for me, so hopefully this time will be as successful🤞 I'm doing it all on my phone, including the photos, so please excuse auto corrects/typos.

So, we have:
14 nights of QSDP with 2 snacks per day and the plan is to use some of those at the Food an Wine Festival food booths.
2 TS meals planned which we will pay for oop: Both have been requested by DD and since it's her birthday trip, it would be mean to say no. So we're going to Teppan Edo and Outback steakhouse near the Vineland Premium Outlets.

Our party consists of:
Me - wedding decorator, (Disney) holiday planner and fan of free dining.
DH, Andy - fellow wedding decorator, lover of all things Lego and Marvel and the big kid of the family.
DD18, Izzy - funny girl, budding photographer and lover of all things Disney.
DS16, Brodie - a really sweet boy and budding baker, lover of all things Disney and YouTube fan.

As I type, we're in the car driving down to Gatwick airport. We're staying overnight at the Premier Inn North and will probably have dinner there tonight, but no firm decisions have been made yet.

Hope you enjoy reading along

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019

Edited at 05:11 PM.
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List