View Single Post
Old 5 Oct 20, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I went to Shanghai Disneyland in 2017. This was in May. Weather was just a tiny bit on the hot side, but still tolerable (keeping in mind that I live in a hot and tropical climate) - I think it would be hotter in June though! Not sure what September is like in Shanghai.

If I don't remember wrongly, what we did was something like this:
3 nights at Shanghai Disneyland hotel, doing a bit of Disneytown on the first day, Disneyland the next two days, then checked out on the last day.
2 nights at a city centre hotel to see some of the city centre sights.
(Will add that Shanghai is only maybe a 5 hour flight from me so 5 nights wasn't too short for the distance.)

I liked doing the split stay, it was nice to be so close to the city centre sights (we were within walking distance of Nanjing West Road and People's Square so it was easy to walk most places, and most other places weren't too far on the metro). Meant we could easily pop back into the room during the day when we were tired.

2 days at Disneyland was just about right for us. It was enough time to see almost everything at a very leisurely pace, and also to do favourites a few times. SDL doesn't really have a lot of rides though, it has a lot of land area but hasn't had the benefit of building up more rides over time (as compared to MK), so I found there to be a bit less to occupy my time there compared to the other castle parks.

One other thing to consider if you have more time - there are some villages/cities within day trip distance from Shanghai. We briefly considered trying to go to Suzhou/Zhouzhuang (we'd been a long time ago) but unfortunately 5 days was just a bit too short to also add in a day trip! If we had a bit longer we would have probably done the day trip.

Edit to add: We stayed at the Shanghai Disneyland hotel, which was nice - however it was either a decent walk or a boat trip away from Shanghai Disneyland and the metro station. So I'm not sure how convenient it would be using it as a base to visit the city. The other Disney hotel (Toy Story? Not sure if there is another one besides that) may be closer to the metro station though but I'm not as familiar with it!

Edited at 02:48 PM.
sky13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List