Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Cool He did a thing! June 19 - Day 2 - Animal Kingdom and Disney Springs

Day 1 is here

Wednesday, 12th June

I first woke up at 2am, which is even more ridiculous than the previous night. I went for a pee and then back to bed and managed to sleep until 5.30am. Chris woke up at 6.15 and after having showers etc (good showers at the Dolphin btw), we were both ready to go by 7.40am.

First stop was Picabu's again to grab some breakfast

I asked for bacon, sausage, potatoes and a biscuit on the side.

Chris tried to ask for the sandwich he had yesterday, but with ONLY bacon. However, this caused much confusion and he ended up with a roll and the bacon on the side! Hahahaha! Americans can never seem to understand anyone wanting LESS food. No problem though, he just constructed it himself

Anyway, it was all very tasty and really good value.

With happy tummies, we made our way to the bus stop. Our good run of luck continued and an Animal Kingdom bus pulled up straight away, so at 8.02am we were on our way!

A short 10 minutes later we pulled up at AK and headed for security.

We then veered left to Rainforest Café to the "secret" entrance. It blows my mind that more people don't do this. I mean, look how empty it is! If this is news to you, don't share around too much please

Since it was still a fair bit away from 9am we expected to be held back here, but nope! We were unleashed!

We, along with the rest of the population of North America, headed for Pandora with high hopes of a short wait for Flight of Passage. LOL. God loves a trier, eh?

We figured once they dropped the rope into Pandora we'd be moving fairly quickly, but we did not realise the sheer size of the queue until it starting snaking around the land.

Ropey Pandora pics were taken while we shuffled along.

To our horror the line just kept moving and we felt like we were getting further away, not closer to the ride.

We eventually reached the end of the line and do you know where it was? Right beside the bloody Lion King Theatre! The CM there told us it would be approx. 2 hours from this point and even said "that isn’t too bad for this ride". Ha. No thank you. We were out. Byeeeeeeeeee! Thank god we had a FP for later in the trip. I feel really bad for people that can't nab one and have no choice but to wait in these ridiculous queues. I mean, it's an awesome ride, but 2 hours at rope drop?!

Instead we waited for them to drop the rope to Africa. It looked lovely and empty compared to the madness that was Pandora.

Once we were set free we decided to hot foot it to Asia to try and get on Everest. We had a FP for later, but why not have a couple of goes, huh?!

Asia was blissfully quiet. Poor Everest must feel left out nowadays

Everest was a 5 minute wait, which was actually a walk on

We noticed some new Dug and Russell statues outside the new bird show, so got some pics taken!

We then decided to do the Maharajah Jungle Trek while it was quiet! I stopped to cool off in the water jets first. It was extremely hot and humid today and we all know that it always feel about 10 degrees hotter in AK!

continued in next post

Edited at 02:38 PM.
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List