View Single Post
Old 17 Jul 19, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
continued from previous post

We were meant to go and do It's Tough to be a Bug next, but hunger got in the way and it was ditched!

We were actually supposed to have an ADR at Yak & Yeti earlier today, but we took the decision to cancel it earlier in the day as none of us really fancied a proper sit down meal. I think it was maybe the heat! Anyhoo, Chris had never been to Flame Tree BBQ and I hadn’t been for YEARS, so we thought we would give that a bash. A mobile order was placed. This is so handy btw!

by

On our way we stopped for a PhotoPass

by

by

by

We are excellent actors.

by

We went to collect our food, spotting Baloo and Koda on the way! How underrated is Brother Bear by the way? Cutest movie.

by

by

As you could see from the mobile order screenshot, we had Ribs & Chicken Combo (him) and the Baked Macaroni with Pulled Pork (me)

by

by

by

Hmmm it was all very tasty. I didn’t eat the pulled pork (cos I don’t get the fuss tbh), but the macaroni and the onion rings were delicious. Chris really enjoyed his ribs too.

The big scary white birds were kicking about here too!

The weather was starting to turn by this point. The wind was whipping up and there was definitely a storm brewing. We know this would come today because a) it was forecast and b) we were at AK and it ALWAYS rains when we are at AK.

I needed a pee so I scooted across to the toilets. On my way I saw Kevin from Up! I was gutted as I had left my phone with Chris! Baaaa! I asked the CM how long he'd be out and he said he was away inside due to the storm approaching

Sure enough, said storm arrived!

I wanted to run down to the next level to watch for any lightning, but Chris stayed behind. There he is….. hahaha!

It didn’t last too long and was soon easing off, so we managed to make our way to our final FP which was Dinosaur

The standby time was 105 minues! Whoa! Guess it's cos it's one of the few indoor rides at AK! We walked straight through with our FP. See ya later suckers

Now, Chris is not a fan of Dinosaur. I, on the other hand, absolutely love it. Thankfully it's not a Figment scenario though and he will indulge me in this one

I hope they never close this ride. It's so fun! Not that my face agrees in this pic, could I look more bored? I wasn’t, I promise! Chris, on the other hand, looks terrified He actually came off it and said he enjoyed it more this time and that maybe its cos the last twice we have ridden it we had Jake with us and he was too busy worrying about him! Ha!

We had a quick nosey in the shop upon exit.

And by then we were ready to call it a day and head for the exit.

There was a bus waiting (luck continues) so we ran to catch it and we were back at the Dolphin by 2.30pm. The rain had started again.

Some snacks and cups of tea were purchased from Fuel before heading up to our room. I miss our daily visit to Fuel

We realised we hadn't had a look in the hotel gift shop yet, so went there for a shifty. Nothing caught our eye, but it's a nice store with plenty gifts and general essentials like pain relief, toiletries etc.

We also went to concierge as Chris noticed a few pending payments on his bank from The Dolphin. Turns out this was the resort fees! Knew we weren’t that lucky! Haha! Oh well!

Since it was raining again, there was nothing else to do, but nap! Ha! Any excuse! We do love a wee nap I did enjoy my 3 Musketeers bar first though

Two hours later (whoops) we got up and ready for the evening. We were pleased to note that the weather had cleared up and it was nice and sunny again

Our plan for the evening was Disney Springs, so at 6pm we headed to bus stop. Our ridiculously good luck continued and a DS bus was just approaching when we got there!

continued in next post

Edited at 08:47 AM.
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List