View Single Post
Old 2 Jan 17, 02:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

3rd December: Travel Day

I am starting my first ever food report as a complete failure… I somehow have no pictures at all of food from today! I will throw in a couple of random photos of non-food items to keep it interesting!

So, we had spent the night at a Premier Inn near Gatwick airport, as although we were on the 1pm Virgin flight, we live about 3.5 hours drive from the airport (if the traffic is good to us), so it was just a lot easier. At the premier inn we stayed at there was complementary warm breakfast rolls, parties and Costa coffee from a machine. He had a bacon roll and I had a chocolate croissant to keep me going until the airport.

After dropping the car at the parking and getting a minibus to the airport we dropped off our bags and got through security really quickly. Then we were on a mission to find a late breakfast/ early lunch. However, we (I) got sidetracked by this…

It was the day the Mickey and Minnie line for Cath Kidson had launched! So, after purchasing a passport holder, luggage tag and a new wallet (oops the spending started early!) we returned to our search for food. Now, there used to be a Frankie and Benny’s in this terminal and I hadn’t realised it had gone…. I was most upset! After wandering around getting annoyed for a while (I am not good with British breakfast foods, and Weatherspoons weren’t serving lunch until 12pm) we stumbled upon the Grain Store. I had a slightly weird meal here of a ham and cheese croissant (£4.50), with a wide of garlic fries (£3) and an apple juice (£3) – I was trying to fill up before the plane, as I don’t usually manage to eat a lot. He had a croque monsieur (£8.50) and a side of garlic fries (£3), with a latte (£.2.90) – he does like plane food, but was just hungry! It was pretty good and the total bill was £25.90.

On the flight, as predicted, I did not think much of the offerings. We chose the teriyaki chicken and the chilli with wedges between us, with the idea being I would probably eat the wedges and maybe a bit of chicken and he could eat the rest… which is pretty much what happened. Dessert was something chocolatey which I ate and enjoyed. I then munched on mini dimes and pringles throughout the journey. Afternoon tea was some sort of sandwich (I really should have taken some pictures!), a mini chocolate treat thing and some really horrible crisps… lemon and pepper?! Why? Safe to say, I was back to the pringles!

After getting through immigration quickly, waiting ages for our cases, waiting ages for customs and then waiting half an hour for a magical express we finally arrived at Pop and I was starving!

I swear I took photos of our dinner, but I can’t find them, sorry! I do get better!

We ate in the Pop food court this evening. I had chicken nuggets and fries (I do love a Disney nugget!). It was far too much food though and I thought I should have ordered a child’s portion (I did learn from this as you will see). This cost $10.49. He bought a large slice of pepperoni pizza with salad, which he enjoyed and it cost $9.99. We both also bough refillable mugs (which we got a lot of use out of this trip!) for $17.99 each. Total cost including tax was $60.14

We then went and collapsed into bed, to get ready for our first day in animal kingdom!

Food costs for the day:
£25.90
$60.14 (including refillable mugs for the whole trip)

I do get better with pictures the next day I promise!
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List