View Single Post
Old 23 Jul 14, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nordictat2girl View Post
Well that is not nice to hear (your bad experience) but you have to remember it's all about competition.
The prices car rental brokers offer also follows such trend. However because a broker first rents large volume of rental cars from the suppliers, the prices it gets are much lower than what a customer can get. As a result it is able to offer customers cheaper rates. Very importantly, cheaper doesn’t mean the quality is any lower, because you still have the car from suppliers like Hertz, Avis, Alamo, etc.

Plenty of us have used these car hire companies and brokers MANY, MANY times and NOT one of them are perfect. There is always going to be someone who runs into a problem while others have had nothing but good experiences.

If you want to rent through the main website that is your choice but don't try to scare people into thinking if they book thru Auto Europe, Usrentacar etc that they could not get a car when they show up! It's stressful enough trying to plan and make sure everything goes ok for our holidays...last thing a person needs to worry if they have a car when they show up. This isn't Spain!
The only point I am making is that they are different. That is a fact. Major agents have gone bust. Thats a fact.
Not trying to scare at all.
Not sure why people always use the "scare" term when facts and reality is pointed out. It's about risk and it is best that people understand those risks on all aspects of holiday planning then they can make informed decisions.
Is providing information, reasoning and experience not part of what this forum is about?
All I was doing was making a suggestion that I thought might be useful for some people.

PS - it was one of the biggest agents around and affected thousands of people. Not some tiny company.

Edited at 05:09 PM.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List