View Single Post
Old 23 Jul 16, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Day 1 (Thanksgiving): Brooklyn Diner

57th Street.

So today was Thanksgiving. We had planned to leave the hotel and go for a wander up near to Central Park to see if we could see some of the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. I won't go into to much detail but that was a no go. We totally underestimated the crowds this attracted, not to mention most streets near us were cordoned off. If you could get through the people onto a street you were then completely stuck. It was hugely stressful just trying to get away from the area.

We eventually escaped and were starving so despite not being breakfast people we stopped into Brooklyn Diner on 57th Street. It was not planned, we just happened to walk by.

It was really cute from outside.

It was quite busy but thankfully we were seated at a tiny two top straight away. It was very snug in there!

I loved the little festive touches in the windows.

We started with coffee and got regular free refills.

Andy ordered the Sausage Eggs Benedict. ($19.95)

Housemade italian sausage, hollandaise sauce, english muffin.

He enjoyed it. The sausage was moist and had a nice herby (almost aniseedy) flavour.

For me was the "The Mixed Marriage of Irving & Gina" ($19.95)

Two eggs baked in challah toast, housemade italian sausage, marinara sauce, peppers, onions, crispy corn polenta, pomodoro sauce

Love love love! The Challah toast topped with peppers and the eggs baked inside that were still runny was great. It came with the herby sausage that was Andy's dish which I also really liked. Marinara sauce doesn't usually make an appearance at Breakfast but after eating this dish, I think it should! Some hot sauce added and I was a very happy girl. I didn't have any stomach space to try the polenta though, I was stuffed.

This meal wasn't cheap for breakfast but it kept us full for so long. We didn't eat again until late in the evening.

Edited at 04:11 PM.
MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List