Old 27 Aug 11, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Thanks to Bev for this piece.

Clubs for children (up to 21)

On all 4 of the Disney Cruise ships, there are fabulous facilities for children. My kids grabbed the Navigator, circled all the "must do" events at the Club and the Lab, and then disappeared and we never saw them again!

Flounder's Reef Nursery / It's a Small World Nursery
from 3 months to 3 years

This area is the only club for which a charge is made (Currently $9/hr), and reservations are required. It is suggested that you prebook before boarding the ship, however, you can also book on embarkation day.

You need to provide your own nappies, wipes and baby food.

There is a play room, and also a quiet room where babies can take naps.

It's a Small World Nursery

Oceaneer Club / Oceaneer Lab
from 3 years -10 years
There is no charge for these clubs and no reservations are required, however you must register your child when you arrive at Port and they will receive a wrist band.

The Oceaneer Club is for younger children, and the Lab for the older children, however there is no longer a strict age distinction and children in this age bracket can visit either club depending on which activities they are interested in. They can move between the clubs easily. On the Disney Dream/Fantasy the clubs are in one space, and on the Disney Wonder and Magic there is a private corridor the children can use to move between the two clubs.

Children in these clubs (if they are 8 or under) must be checked in and out by a parent who must provide a prearranged password.

If the child wishes to contact you, then the club will ring you on your wave phone (in each room for your free use) or via the DCL app to let you know. I dropped my daughter off each evening with the instruction to tell the counsellor when she wanted me. Some evenings it was quite early and others she stayed late, depending on which activities were happening.

If your child is in the Club or Lab at mealtimes, then they will be offered food. The mealtimes are listed on the Navigator so you can decide if you want to collect your child for dinner, or let them eat in the kids club whilst you have a quieter meal.
Quite often my youngest daughter would join us in the dining room, she would have her meal whilst we had a starter, and then we would take her up to the kids club whilst we enjoyed the rest of our meal more slowly. On the later seating there are members of the club who will collect your child right from the dining room. Be sure to let your servers know that you will be taking advantage of the pick up service so they can bring the children's dinner out first.

Baking Cookies in the Lab on the Disney Wonder

The slinky slide in the Oceaneers Club on the Magic

Andy's Room on the Dream

The wristbands each child must have

Edge
from 11-13
This is a more relaxed area for the 'tweens' to chill out. There are fewer structured activities here, and the kids can come and go as they please, they don't need to be checked in and out. These photos are from the Dream/Fantasy

Edge pre-teen club by insidethemagic on Flickr

Vibe
from 14-17
This is for the older teens, and is a coffee shop styled area for teens only. On the Dream/Fantasy, the teens even get their own sundeck and swimming pool!

Vibe teen club by insidethemagic, on Flickr
External Area for Vibe (14-17)

Here's a short trippie from the 13yr old daughter of Dibber 1972.
3 NIGHT DREAM CRUISE

Edited at 02:08 PM.
Bats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List