View Single Post
Old 1 Dec 17, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by captbnut View Post
Just my family's experience, but we really did not like Universal as only I'm interested in fast stuff. What I said to my kids (brave 10 and not brave 8) is that Disney want you to have fun, Universal want to scare you. Everything there is taller, faster, wetter etc. Upthread people have said about simulators - my youngest did not like Star Tours or FoP. Forbidden Journey terrified him. The rapids are like being chucked in a river, you get soaked.

For me, before buying universal tickets, go to Alton Towers. If you don't want to ride the Big 6 then you will not get your money's worth at Universal, even if like us you are all massive Harry Potter fans.

There is so much at Disney if you don't like rides you will have an amazing time but I would happily have my grand back from Universal tickets. If you just want HP you could do it all easily in a day. The Hogwarts Express is good fun if you're happy to pay for the park hopper.
Maybe you set your family up to not enjoy Universal by saying “Disney want you to have fun Universal want to scare you”!

I agree with the next poster each to there own. If I didn’t do rides at Disney then I would not enjoy it at all as I have little to no interest in parades, character meets or fireworks. In Universal, as a HP fan, I would still get plenty of enjoyment from the theming.

Personally I think both Disney and Universal have a very small number of “big” rides that some won’t like, but most things can be enjoyed by the majority.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List