View Single Post
Old 5 Dec 17, 01:38 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wheety1621 View Post
I'm hopeful it wouldn't come to that. But it all adds to the adventure!
I said that once ...
It all started so well... CHeap flight to Gothenburg on time couldn't complain for £10 ... pleasent afternoon and night I a lovely hotel , easy transfer back to the airport ... as I got to the gate every single flight in Scandinavian airspace was cancelled as the radar had gone down ... three hours later I got to the front of the rebooking queue , and my Gothenburg Stockholm Chicago connection arriving at a very civilised 6pm was replaced with a flight to Copenhagen (no hotels left of course) overnight at the airport, next morning a very tight connection Copenhagen Heathrow Chicago arriving at lunchtime. ... my connecting flight from Chicago the next morning was long gone (and on an entirely different alliance) however AA rebooked me at no charge (I love AA they are brilliant in these situations) onwards.

I'd still do it again though if it was half the price of direct again ! Direct is sooooo boring by comparison

Edited at 01:39 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List