Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Saturday 22nd September

Today was the day, the actual crazy began!

I woke just before my 5.30am alarm and quietly shuffled around the room to get ready without disturbing the girls. I had been chilly last night whilst waiting for the 5k, so I grabbed a scarf to wrap around my arms whilst I waited (and could easily tie around my running belt during the event), and headed out. I was meeting another of my friends, Michelle, at the Chuck Wagon at 6am.

The wait time passed much like the night before, with trailers for new movies being showed (Mary Poppins just looks dreamy!) and Disney songs being played. This time, the theme was Villain Sidekicks, and Meg, Pain and Panic sent the runners on their way, and I was finally over the start line at 7.51am (after the 7am race start time).

IMG_0527 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0657 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0656 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0666 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0663 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0675 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0688 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0694 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0703 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0706 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0707 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0709 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

The run took me approx. 73 minutes which I was really pleased with. I normally do a 10K in around 70 minutes so with some photo stops, that was a good time for me!

IMG_0667 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0668 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0669 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0671 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0672 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0677 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0699 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0710 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0700 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0697 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0690 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

The character greets during the race were Foulfellow & Gideon, Cheshire Cat, Sheriff of Nottingham, Flotsum & Jetsum, King Louis, someone from Emperor’s New Groove who I don’t know the name of (he rotated with Kronk & Yzma…much cooler!), and Hades greeted us at the finish line!

IMG_0681 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0693 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0698 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0701 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0704 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0708 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0713 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0714 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

After the race, I picked up my refreshment pack, had my photo taken at the finishers’ backdrop, and wandered back to the hotel. It was a bit odd being on my own but it was actually quite nice to have some time to reflect, not only on the race and the trip, but also an incredibly up and down 6 months…slightly off topic, but in that respect, this trip did me a lot of good, and my family have all commented that I seem much more relaxed since I got home.

asucibv1rduyv6enktns by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

I got back to the hotel at 9.45am, phoned home, showered, changed and was out again at 10.45am. P had gone to Paris today to surprise her Dad on his birthday, so I decided to wander around the parks for a while on my own. I knew I’d be busy, so a good mooch around the shops was in order.

The queue to get into Disneyland Park was insane, but I got there in the end (being just me helped!). It was very busy in the park, as you’d expect for a Saturday anyway, let alone on race weekend, but the atmosphere was good.

My first stop was to the kiddies’ clothes store on Main Street where I bought my gorgeous niece Molly a tshirt with Buttercup from Toy Story on it, and also picked up a ‘Babies Pua’ which my sister had asked me to pick up. These were €15.99 and €22.99 respectively.

I was peckish by now so an early lunch was in order. I really wanted a Mickey pizza which I hoped to get from Colonel Haiti’s but it was closed so walked over to Bella Notte instead. I waited for this to open at 12pm but when I got inside, they seemed to only have pasta on the menu? I think it’s because the screens rotated but I didn’t give it long enough to transition as they definitely do have pizza on the menu. Anyway, it was too late by then so I went back to the Market Square Café for another croque monsieur which with a San Pellegrino was €10.88.

IMG_0722 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

Whilst back on Main Street, I popped into Harrington’s to pick up some magnets that I had seen on Thursday evening, which cost €14.97; and then into Christmas shop in the Castle for a Christmas ornament for a colleague which was €12.99.

Next stop was the Emporium for a good rummage, but I didn’t buy anything.

The Disneyland Park was so busy and my little legs were feeling fatigued by now, so I decided that perhaps a restful afternoon/evening might be in order for me, so I decided that after taking a 10K medal selfie in front of the Castle, I might do the same in the Studios before heading back to the hotel.

IMG_0719 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0723 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0724 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

On the way back to the hotel, I decided that a McFlurry was in order, so I stopped by McDonalds and have the most phenomenal McFlurry of my life – it was Lotus Caramelised Biscuit flavoured and was incredible! With a hot chocolate, this came to €5.50.

IMG_0726 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

I also stopped by the Earl of Sandwich to pick up something for my dinner later this evening, so I bought a double sized Hawaiian BBQ and a bread pudding for €14.55.

IMG_0735 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

I was back in the room at 2.30pm, laid down, and woke up again at 5.30pm – an unexpected but much needed nap!

I pretty much spent the rest of the evening sorting my things and preparing for tomorrow, chatting with Su and Rachel who got back from Val D’Europe, watched the first Strictly Come Dancing of the season (I managed to stream it), and was asleep at 10.30pm.

Steps = 28,378

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List