Old 3 Dec 18, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
EMH and FP strategy

I'm hoping to be able to pick your brains on all things DLP. The first and last time I went was in 2000, we only did one day and I'm sure a lot has changed since then. Rather than ask too many questions in one post I will keep this one to just two topics, EMH and FP.

I'm not sure if the timing of our trip makes a difference, but here is a little backfground info. I've booked up 4 nights in February half term for myself and my daughter (aged 11). We are staying at Cheyenne and so we will be able to make use of EMH. DD is tall enough for all rides at WDW and universal and will do them all happily (more so than me but I will force myself!). So, she will be keen to try out all her wdw favourites in DLP and to try out rides like Crush's Coaster that will be new to her.

I would love to know which rides we should prioritise in EMH. At WDW we tend to do the thrill rides in EMH as they have the longest wait times later in the day, so should we go for those during EMH in DLP? We will have 4 EMH so should we do 3 at Disneyland park as this is larger or should we do an even split of 2 mornings at each park?

Also, I'm worrying about the paper fast pass system, for this trip there will be no logging into MDE 60 days in advance and then getting cross when stitch eats the page. So, are there attractions that tend to run out of fast passes, or will we be able to get fast passes all day long? Again, which attractions should we prioritise for FP? Are there attractions where the fast pass is not worth it?

I'm getting quite excited about the trip. Kate doesn't even know about it yet! I'm trying to think of how to surprise her. DH nearly spoiled it yesterday during dinner, but fortunately she was oblivious.

Anyway, thank you for sharing your hints and tips. I'll get thinking on other areas where my knowledge is sorely lacking!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.

Edited at 09:04 PM.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List