View Single Post
Old 5 Mar 10, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Ms Finkelstein View Post
Have to say have never been to DLP, and I would like to try it. But I'll be honest and say it's highly unlikely we ever will.

Main reason being - cost. I've priced it up and the cost of a long weekend for us travelling from Scotland going to DLP is ridiculous! I see the price and think - jeez, for another couple of hundred we could get to Florida for a fortnight! And for that extra couple of hundred we get 6 Disney parks, US/IOS/SW, better weather... no contest.

Not snobbery on my part, it's just better financially for us.

And as for saying that you have to compare like for like - then of course you will find DLP cheaper than staying onsite in WDW - but the fact is, at WDW you do not need to stay onsite to have a great time or be near the parks. The set up at DLP isn't the same, they don't have the same off site infra structure. I priced up for 3 nights at Hotel Cheyanne for 2 ad 2 ch flying from Edinburgh and we got very little change from £1400! And I know I can definately get an Orlando holiday for that price!

Di x
You find me a holiday for 2 ad & 2 kids to WDW staying onsite with park tickets and breakfast included for £1400 !

I've said it time and time again people arent comparing like with like.

I've just come back from Orlando.. Holiday Inn Sunspree LBV + flights with Virgin in feb (so off peak ) 14 nights £2600.

Disney tickets would be £600 ish for 5 days (we have myw tickets) so thats £3200.

Stopping onsite would add what £1000 on to that.

I've been to DLP 4 times and never paid more than £900 for all of us,stopping in Newport Bay and that includes tickets and Eurostar.

I'm sure i could do it cheaper too if we drove but we cant take our car on the eurostar so that cancels out that idea.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List