Old 5 Mar 10, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Finkelstein
Imagineer

Ms Finkelstein's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
You find me a holiday for 2 ad & 2 kids to WDW staying onsite with park tickets and breakfast included for £1400 !

I've said it time and time again people arent comparing like with like.

I've just come back from Orlando.. Holiday Inn Sunspree LBV + flights with Virgin in feb (so off peak ) 14 nights £2600.

Disney tickets would be £600 ish for 5 days (we have myw tickets) so thats £3200.

Stopping onsite would add what £1000 on to that.

I've been to DLP 4 times and never paid more than £900 for all of us,stopping in Newport Bay and that includes tickets and Eurostar.

I'm sure i could do it cheaper too if we drove but we cant take our car on the eurostar so that cancels out that idea.
Obviously if you compare staying onsite in WDW and DLP then DLP is much cheaper, but as I've said you don't need to stay onsite at WDW to have a great holiday, the setup at DLP is totally different.

Generally with WDW you are getting 14 nights, DLP tends to be a long weekend.

As I've also said, if you stay in the South Of England DLP is an affordable option. Travelling from Scotland is a completely different story, and when I've priced it up I can't justify that cost for a long weekend. £1400 for 3 nights incl flights staying at Hotel Cheyanne. £2000 for 14 nights incl flights at an Orlando offsite hotel in March.

I'm not saying I've got anything against DLP, I'd love to go, but I just can't justify the cost for what would be a long weekend.

Di x

2 Go Mad in Bavaria 2011 - Trip Report Biergarten or Bust 2008 WDW Trip Report
Margarita or Bust - Son of Biergarten 2010 Trip Report
Ms Finkelstein is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List