Thread: Crutch
View Single Post
Old 5 Sep 19, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
adreamisawish
Excited about Disney

Crutch

Some of you will be aware that I broke my leg fairly badly back in November. With all the hope in the world that I’d be doing star jumps by the time the holiday came around... it’s just not happened.

I’m at a point where I can walk just fine when I walk with one crutch, so that’s the plan. I’ve just bought an ankle brace too and we know that this holiday may be at a slower pace - my friends never been so knows no better so he’s fine with taking time to smell the roses a bit.

I also know that Disney do have wheelchairs and ECV’s to rent. Ideally want to avoid those cos I just so badly want the trip to be as normal as possible - I don’t want my friend pushing me in a chair all day or walking alongside me bombing along in a scooter. But I know they’re there if it’s been a long day and I’m tired. A chair may be useful at Epcot for food and wine, as an example.

My question is does anyone have experiences with doing Disney with a crutch. Or even going on holiday with one? Are the airports generally fine with it? Will I have to call ahead?

More to the point, I know that there are plenty of rides where I can take my crutch on with me. What about rides where that’s not the case? I can walk a little bit without it, albeit not that stable, but that’s fine - but after the ride will there be a cast member there to meet me with my crutch? I’m thinking things like space mountain where I obviously can’t take it with me and the load and unload stations are in different areas.

Also Universal? I’d assume that I can queue with my crutch past the metal detectors?

Just any advice would be great

Edited at 08:03 AM.
adreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List