View Single Post
Old 24 Sep 19, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Originally Posted by anji View Post
Not sure how long you'll be there but here are my favourites (we've been there 3 times) -

Boston Common - great to explore and swan boats are fun
From here follow the red bricks and walk the Freedom Trail
The original Cheers Bar is by the Common too

Go up the Prudential Building for amazing views of the city and shop in the mall underneath

Harvard is interesting - you'll need a subway ticket
Also by subway - the JFK Memorial Library - absolutely amazing museum
Red Sox Baseball if they're playing - it goes on forever!

Quincy Market and Fanieul Hall. Newbury Comics is here if you're into film and tv

Ghosts & Gravestones ghost bus - lots of fun

Ferry to Salem and back on the train

South Street Diner - iconic place with amazing breakfast!
Cannoli from Modern Pastry in the Italian quarter

Walk around the streets between Back Bay and the river to see the big houses

There's also the Boston Tea Party Ship, Aquarium and the trolleys, which we've not done

Hope this helps! Boston is mostly walkable and good exercise! Have fun x
Oh wow! Thank you so much for this I am now wishing we had much more time! We have one full day, as well as our arrival afternoon/ evening and a morning before we go to Plymouth and Cape Cod.

Boston Common, Cheers Bar and Freedom trail are on our list for the main day and a tour of Fenway Park (no time to see a game sadly) and a tour of Harvard are on our morning before we leave. I actually found South Street diner the other day and it looked great, so it is brilliant to have a personal recommendation. Have also added Modern Pastry to our list, so thanks!

We are going to Salem, but on our last day on the way to the airport (on a Saturday in October, this may be a huge mistake but no way of changing it now!).

You have done so much of Boston, I am impressed! There is no way we will do it justice, but hopefully we will get a taste The primary purpose of the trip was to see the Fall colours, but I am already learning I do not have enough time in 2 weeks to do New England any justice at all!

Thanks again
Wismgari is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List