View Single Post
Old 29 Sep 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sandr View Post
Thank you! I know it could be SO much worse, but no amount of planning can account for things like this! Just so lucky we still get to go and now I can be excited again!
Remember with indirect you'll save time at Orlando as you'll already have cleared customs and immigration so can just grab your bags and run which I always feel is a real plus and off sets some of the inconvenience of indirect. I also tend to get outside and breathe some unprocessed air between flights if I have time too.
Monday was awful. I had two different sets of friends who were both booked to fly to Vegas on the Thursday. The first was with Condor so right up to Thursday morning it looked OK but ultimately didn't happen and as it was flight only and she paid by PayPal they lost it all.
The second friend was on a TC package but BA flights. BA were really unhelpful, the TC confirmation had the BA locator wrong so the agent told her there was no way to retrieve the booking. After great hilarity from my friends as I stood in a pub garden trying to explain to a complete technophobe how to install the BA app on her phone (I was forty miles from home) to confirm the reference really was wrong I got her to call BA back and told her to ask them to retrieve the booking by name and flight number (why the first agent didn't do this is beyond me , its SOP) and she was assured her tickets were fine , amazingly even her Vegas hotel was prepaid so all she lost was her transfers , no big deal for Vegas as it's a really short journey with shuttles for $5 each way or a cabUber for $20.
The fare gouging by Virgin was unbelievably bad . They could have created oodles of goodwill and gained loads of new customers loyal to them but they chose the quick buck route.

Edited at 09:12 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List