Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Day 0 - Pre travel day

Day 0 - Pre travel day

Hello and welcome along to our drool fest of calories!

We returned home yesterday so thought I would get cracking on with this to help with the holiday blues.

We had an amazing time, made brilliant memories and ate lots of delicious food. The 7 of us kept saying "we should share" but never did and I wonder why my jeans are feeling a tad tight today!

I normally do food reports live but as our friends were joining us my plan was to write notes and update when home. But unfortunately didn't write any notes so hoping my photos will jog my memory!

Anyway, let's get started...

Premier Inn - Gatwick North Terminal

After a day at work, we were picked up by Paul (airport transfer who we have used for the last few years and is great) and with no problems on the M25, met our friends at the Premier Inn in good time. Excitement levels were at an all time high for everyone!

We normally fly from Heathrow and have never had to book a table at a Premier Inn before, but as we were a larger group our friend R phoned up the day before but they didn't have any availability until late. Ooops. Great start. We decided to walk across to the terminal and eat there instead.

This worked out really well. A short walk, up the escalator and we turned right and opted for The Nicholas Culpeper.

We were sat upstairs at a round table which I always like as it feels more sociable. Simple pleasures hey!

We had dreamed, saved and counted down to this moment.

Cheers!

The food and service was brilliant.

A selection of sharing platters, sides & mains.

I was meant to take a note of the cost but forgot. Sorry!

We headed back to the bar at the Premier Inn but it was noisy and busy. We ordered drinks and managed to find a quiet corner.

Everyone then came back to our room before we said our goodbyes and goodnights and agreed to meet up early for our Premier Inn breakfast.

I struggled to get to sleep as was so excited. I love this moment when everything is ahead of you.

Thanks for reading.

M x

Edited at 08:47 AM.
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List