Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Day 5 - Universal, Sunset Lakes & Buffalo Wild Wings

Day 5 - Universal, Sunset Lakes & Buffalo Wild Wings

Alarm set again, we were up early as our plan was to ride the new Hagrid’s ride. Pastries, fruit, coffee, orange juice & chocolate milk were had in our rooms again to utilise the most of our time.

Our 2 nights here had been great and we were sad to be leaving so soon. We really hope to be able to return one day.

G got himself settled with a coffee in Starbucks whilst the rest of us were faced with this!

Not my idea when I think of a holiday.

Hoped Hagrid’s was worth it.

To cut a very long story short as it doesn’t even involve food, we walked all the way through to Poseidon’s Fury and The Mystic Fountain in a separate queue for the ride, then told we had to follow a guy with a tall white sign for crowd control which is what we did, who walked us all in a massive circle and took us to the back of the queue?!?! >> lots of very angry & upset people. **bleep **bleep #%#%.

We stuck with it and agreed to wait until we got to the lockers to make a decision as to what to do. The app still wasn’t displaying the wait time. This whole sorry and rubbish saga took approx 1.5 hours from when we entered the park at opening till we arrived at the lockers.

We spoke to a member of staff regarding what had happened who apologised and told us to return at 11.30am and she would take us to the front of the queue. She told us her name (Kassandra) and said to ask for her.

The wait time was now showing 210 minutes.

We were a tad dubious and were not totally convinced we would ever find her again but decided to trust her. And it worked! We returned and we were taken through a back way straight onto the ride. We thanked her numerous times! It’s not just Disney that has magical moments.

What an absolute BRILLIANT ride. Grateful and happy we got to ride it. Really hope Universal sort out there queuing system and everyone can get to ride it fairly.

Anyway, back to food! It wasn’t lunch time yet but everyone had worked up an appetite. So we opted for pie. Yes you read that correct! Apparently all American pies. From the Captain American Diner.

We had cherry and apple. We didn’t expect them to be so big and should’ve shared. Again. If I had been at home, a lovely dollop of custard would’ve been divine. Anyway, I digress...

Our youngest doesn’t like pie so at some point she had an M&M chocolate coated s’mores bar from The Candy Factory for approx $5.

It was then time to check into our villa in Sunset Lakes for 10 nights. We booked this via the dibb. Thank you Melvin.

My new favourite view!

We also spent a fair amount of time eating in this space in the coming days!

Once unpacked, we drove a short distance to B’dubs. We were eager for a savoury fix by now.

A quick glance of the menu

Games played on the iPads provided

A variety of chicken, sauces and sides were ordered. The food was good but took a long long time to arrive and there was a mix up so waited even longer for some dishes. Our server was very up and down. One minute trying to be our best friend and the next very short and a tad rude. It was all rather odd. We’ve always had a good experience here so it won’t put us off just a bit disappointed.

I didn’t take a note of how much it cost but remember thinking it was reasonable. I do try to take more photos of receipts later on in the holiday.

We then popped to Super Target and stocked up on essentials, including some fruit.

#tryingtobegoodparents

#nobeigeinsight

For some reason I don’t have photos of the rest of the fridge!

The girls got straight into the pool whilst us adults relaxed, read our books, watched them and reminisced about the day. With a drink. This became my favourite. Don’t worry Melvin, it was put in a plastic cup as per the villas instructions! Cheers.

Tomorrow - A very lazy day at the villa which is a tad boring for a trip report! We do venture out for breakfast at Golden Corral and dinner at Panda Express.

Thanks for reading.

M x

Edited at 11:38 PM.
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List