View Single Post
Old 11 Jan 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBigdog View Post
Sounds like a good trip so far. We did the Intrepid last time we went to NY. Hubby loved it, me, it was a bit meh, but then I'm not into space travel or boats or planes(unless they are taking me on holiday). I'm in a quandary about the coat situation too. As you can see we go to NY next month and when I last went in February they had about 3ft of snow the day before we arrived. I'm thinking big coat so far, then I can always buy a new thinner one when we go to Jersey Garden Malls!
You've inspired me to start planning, as so far all I do is look at Instagram pictures of nice food to eat in NY. I've got hundreds of restaurants and bars I want to try and nothing else planned lol. Although I did watch a couple of YouTube vids yesterday which were walking through Manhattan and around the area we are staying(Hell's Kitchen - not far from the Intrepid). Have a fantastic time, looking forward to reading the trippy
Coats are struggle. DW is wanting to take 3...

If it comes to it we can take a 3rd case just for coats and shoes, as we are going Club World. The issue with that is the transfer says 2 cases only. It could probably fit between us on the back seat, but I worry about these sorts of things

Looking at it now it seems that some days will have definitely no need for it, but the later days in our trip might see it peak at a max of -4 ... It also doesn't help that different websites give vastly different forecasts!

We had snow the day before we went last time too - it was lovely walking (slithering!) around Central Park all covered in it.

I also go on holiday for food reasons! I've been craving some proper American pancakes for ages, so that will be breakfast day 1!