View Single Post
Old 7 Jun 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

We did our first trip last year, also staying at the Venetian. The Venetian is amazing. Even the standard rooms are enormous. We had no view, but that didn't really matter. The hotel is mind-bogglingly huge, when you take the Grand Canal Shoppes into account, and it links all the way through to the Palazzo. You can spend a day just walking around all of that!

Stuff in the Venetian is expensive (things like water etc), but you are right next-door to a Walgreens (and there is a posher Walgreens further up the Palazzo end). We just bought a multi-pack of water and snacks for a fraction of the price than in the hotel.

Above the Walgreens is a Dennys. Good for a cheaper breakfast option!

There are a million restaurants so tips there are hard. The Venetian itself has many. Tao was incredible - give it a try if you can.

The Welcome to Las Vegas sign is a good trek and takes ages, but gets you to see the whole strip. We spend most of a day walking down there, popping into hotels for a look around on the way. Don't bother queueing for a "official" photo at the sign as they aren't official anyway. Just stand to the side and take a selfie!

We hired a car for a couple of days (picked up from the airport during our trip - the airport is really close) but apart from that used Uber everywhere. The car was good though - convertible Mustang - and we went out the Hoover dam, Red Rock Canyon and the premium outlets. Self-Parking is free at the Venetian, too.

Vegas was great, I'm dying to go back again. Trip report in my sig should you be interested.