Old 30 Oct 18, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotscraig
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Scotscraig's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Day 3

Today was supposed to be a lie in but with a room move to sort out we were up early and finished re-packing and left our cases with Bell Services (including our stocked fridge!).

We then walked to Wolfgang Puck for breakfast. The Server didn’t instantly win us over by lobbying hard for her tip before she had even done anything. Her entire effort in any case consisted of – being handed the food by another member of staff (at the entrance to that part of the restaurant and then putting the food onto the table – the cutlery etc had been brought out by someone else!).

I had the Cornflake French toast – pretty dry and a bit average if honest

everyone else waffles other than FIL who had the classic breakfast and pretty good all round

I've just noticed that the FIL's breakfast has been arranged in a funny way. Maybe the staff were trying to tell him something!

We were then off to Animal Kingdom.

Around lunchtime, we decided to have a snack (like we needed one!). MIL had a Dole Whip cup which she loved

and the rest of had ice cream cookie sandwiches from Tamu Tamu refeshments.

These, as always were great but way too much and we probably should have shared 2 between 4. Some of it ended up in the bin I’m afraid to say.

After the Lion King show finished we popped into the Dawa Bar for a round of drinks – Bud lights all round, an Angry Orchard for DW and a diet coke for the young lad. This was a pleasant half hour just chilling out before our ADR at the Yak & Yeti.

We had a magic meal here last year and we had high expectations and thankfully it didn’t disappoint. We were all in a much better frame of mind tonight and we started with some cocktails which were delicious.

I had the Pina Colada Tropical Daiquiri
DW, the Big Bamboo and we shared each others.
MIL, the Mango Tropical Daiquiri
FIL the Pink Himalayan

DS had a diet coke.

We could have used my Landry’s card which had a $25 birthday bonus for appetizers but we correctly assessed there was no way we would be able to eat it all! We were correct….

For the mains, DW, FIL and I all had the Chicken Tikka Masala which was superb, pleasantly spicy with lovely buttery naan on the side. The plates were literally licked clean…..

MIL had the sweet and sour chicken

and DS the burger. Both gave high praise.

For desserts, I had the pineapple upside down cake, as did FIL

MIL and DW, the mango pie which DW was gutted about not finishing

and DS the chocolate pudding cake.

This was a superb meal and special praise has to go to our server Hector who was a gentleman throughout and gave excellent service.

We decided to give Rivers of Light a miss in order to head back to SSR where we were able to check into our new villa and get settled for the night.
Food trip report Oct 2017 with DDP
Food trip report Oct 2018 with DDP

DL 1995, WDW 1998, 2001, Sheraton Vistana Villages 2012, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2014, HRH/WL 2015, WL 2016, AKL 2017, SSR 2018, Newport Bay DLP 2019, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2019
Scotscraig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List