theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
- Arriving at Disney
- Beaches and Cream
- Yacht Club/EPCOT afternoon

With a spring in our step we left the Hawthorn Suites and moved over to Disney and the Yacht Club. We spent a few days at the Beach Club last time out so the general area is familiar.

Our room of course wasn’t ready on the morning and with the weather closing the pool intermittently we ended up picking up our mugs and other minor tasks then hanging around waiting for our Beaches and Cream ADR, the first of many!

If anyone is interested here’s the spreadsheet that I’ve used to work out our dining credits (on the deluxe but could be converted for the other tiers). From this I know that I’ve planned for the Beaches meal to be OOP (no-one would manage 3 courses here surely!). It also allows me to keep track of any changes to plans and if we are running ahead or behind on our credit usage. It's just a very simple tracker but if anyone wants a copy let me know.

Lunch - Beaches and Cream (Beach Club Hotel)

We were well aware of the need to keep it light at lunchtime. Breakfast was sizeable, mine especially and we didn’t want to spoil dinner at Chefs de France with a big lunch. Dining out of pocket we all stuck with freebie drinks of water or soft drinks. DW fancied a burger and our lovely server was happy to sell her the kids meal

This tasted a lot like a McDonalds Cheeseburger just with a thicker bun. The chips were real ones, thick and very long. DW enjoyed this but nipped out to sit by the pool the sun finally appeared - briefly ) instead of taking up the option of one scoop of ice cream for dessert.

DD went for the Fudge Mud Slide sundae - A gooey, chewy Brownie covered with Hot Fudge, Three-scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream, Oreo Cookies, and Whipped Cream topped with Chocolate Syrup and a Cherry. I was not feeling that hungry and decided to build my own two scoop sundae with Strawberry and Butter Pecan ice-cream plus Peanut Butter sauce and the whipped cream, nuts etc. that come with it.

Loved my sundae, which is on the left obviously. The flavours worked perfectly, especially the PB&J style combination of the strawberry and peanut butter, finished this with ease. You can see how much larger DD’s was. She enjoyed it but was happy to quit after half, I’ve been encouraging her to stop eating things like this before she starts to feel sick rather than after. The joys of growing up! And by popular demand Admiral Snackbar also returns for a second of his scale based cameos.
I’ve got a bad feeling about this

Feel like we boxed clever here to walk away with an out of pocket cost of $28.

After this our room was ready, lovely refurb work done, everything still feels almost new which is great and we had a nice water view

The weather delayed us for a while but eventually it was clear enough to risk going out with ponchos close to hand. We rode our first Fastpass at Mission Space where I as usual was the only one to ride the less intense Green side

Well apparently I “don’t do chicken, don’t do g-force” now. We then stopped for DW to spend a snack credit at Electric Umbrella on a plasticky but edible chocolate cupcake with nasty icing. From there it was a couple more rides before a quick pre-dinner drink at the Rose and Crown. Mine was a pint of black and tan (Bass and Guinness mix) ordered for the novelty of such a retro drink and also because this gets us 1/22 on the EPCOT t-shirt challenge! UK drink done

On that high we headed over to Chefs de France for dinner which I’ll post on Saturday, need to be up for EMH rope-drop at the Magic Kingdom tomorrow!
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List