View Single Post
Old 3 Aug 18, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DW/CMG Lunch - Circus McGurkus Cafe Stoo-pendous (Islands of Adventure, Seuss Landing)

We were intent on grabbing the nearest greasy burger for lunch today/first day at Universal after all the fine dining at Disney and to celebrate our freedom from the dining plan. This saw us end up at the big circus tent with the long name that must be something Dr Seuss. Inside this place is huge with two mirroring ordering areas.

This process was slow. OMG it was slow. There were all of 6 people in the queue in front of us for food and literally no-one was server anything in the first ten minutes. Round the front there were lots of people standing around discussing the orders, out back this is the crack team I imagined.

Doesn’t help that they had a wide menu of everything from burgers to pizza to spagbol. Anyway DD went for a chicken burger and a milkshake and I had a bacon cheeseburger with a diet coke. Both meals came with fries and I’m fairly sure we were forced to pay for the dessert we didn’t want too because $32.

DD ate most of the chicken burger and said it was okay. When I tried it, vile was the word that came to mind it tasted weirdly of gherkin but DD reckons it was just that corner of the burger? Anyway the chips were fine and my burger was also pretty good as your standard theme park burger goes. No complaints apart from the slow serving process.

Meantime back at the Hard Rock DW had chicken noodle soup that she swore was amazing but looks greasy in her photo.

Not sure how many of those Jameson’s she had got through by the pool . Will post dinner (Antojitos) tomorrow. Cheers
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List