View Single Post
Old 3 Aug 19, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mumsthebigkid
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

OP. I have just come across your post when searching for a similar query. In fact reading your original post we actually travelled the same date and had the same issue!

We left MAN on 18/7/19 travelling on the VS to JFK. Virgin were fab and we actually arrived 1 hour early. While waiting for this flight I received a text from Virgin to say there was a delay of 2hrs 45m on our Delta connection from JFK to MCO. Although not great this didn’t worry us at first as we had less than a 3hr connection so took it as a bonus not to rush 🤔

Fast forward landing in JFK. Delta staff grab out bags and told us the delay had lengthen a further 2 hours. 😳

Trying to get information from Delta after this was shocking! One staff member advised us there had been a huge delay across the board due to a severe storm the day before and the airline was playing catch up on 700 flights. I’m assuming this was what impacted your internal flight?

To cut a long story short the delay kept getting longer and longer. Contributed by no ground staff able to move one aircraft off stand to allow our plane on! Then a further delay when the awaiting crew went out of hours for our flight and a new crew needed to be found! 😡😡. Total shambles. Delta ground staff couldn’t care less.

We eventually took off at 3am, 7 hours after our original departure time! By the time we checked in to our Disney hotel it was 6am on the 19th July when we should have checked in on 18th July at 10pm! Effectively lost a nights stay which had been paid for. Fast passes booked from 11am so we had 1hr 40m sleep, got changed and actually managed rope drop. We were only in Disney 3 days so couldn’t afford to lose further time or park ticket money.

I have also been wondering where we stand on this due to the fact it was a US airline departing a US airport? My wonder is as we booked a through ticket with Virgin on a codeshare, is there a valid claim?

Any advice from any fellow dibbers or if OP has had any joy yet would be greatly appreciated 👍🏼
mumsthebigkid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List