View Single Post
Old 4 Apr 18, 05:37 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Day 7. Magic mountain 6 flags. ‘Life is a rollercoaster’, as Roman Keating once sang. (Badly) 😃

A very big day for my boys, 15 and 11. We agonised over fast passes for this one, given that it is meant to be extremely busy. When we found that it didn't even open until 1030, we were even more concerned as we had decided to just get in as many as we could, without investing in the fast passes. We walked the very short distance from the Hilton Gardens to the park entrance in around 10 minutes, thus saving us the $24 parking fee.

I only have images of the entrances to the various rides we went on.. or this one where the coaster came over the footpath.

1030 we were in and 1530 we were out, having ridden every one of the 11 or so extreme rides. The queues were negligible.

The rides.
There were several that made the most extreme rides at Busch gardens, Universal or Seaworld look very tame indeed. Disney?, you are having a laugh. X2 and full throttle in particular were awesome.

The journey from Valencia to Annaheim, prepositioning for Disney tomorrow was an utter nightmare. It is quite something to be stationary on a highway 8 lanes wide and all heading in the same direction. Unpleasant in the extreme.

We now are in our very nice Airbnb waiting to visit Disney tomorrow... and the white Zinfandel is tasting fine! This Airbnb is in 'platinum apartments' and from our meeting with the owner, it is very clear that Airbnb/short term lets are not permitted in this area. A bit late to do anything now and we will 'blag it' if necessary, claiming we are his personal friends as instructed. Just be aware, fellow DIBBERS. All is not always as is sold. Great apartment, though 😇

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 06:26 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List