View Single Post
Old 16 Mar 19, 02:12 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsWturns30
Trying for More Ears

Hollywood Studios

Hollywood studios today! The day DH and Jimbo have been looking forward to most of all! It was another hot one today with temperatures hitting 30C.

It was a fairly late & lazy start after the late night Epcot, the kids ate cereal, DH and I waited until we got to HS and hit Starbucks for a large cup of tea and a cinnamon swirl to share for breakfast

Followed an hour or so later by a cream cheese filled pretzel - I don’t think I’d have another one of these, the cream cheese was too sweet, I prefer the Mickey Pretzel with the pot of melty plastic cheese!

For lunch the kids shared an ‘adult’ pizza with ceaser salad and a frozen strawberry lemonade slushy from Catalina Eddies, we mobile ordered this and found a table to sit at in the shade whilst waiting. They only ever have a margarita pizza, but Eve usually leaves her crusts... this pizza she scoffed the lot, they both approved!

Whilst the kids were eating we mobile ordered from fairfax fare our lunches. I’m really enjoying the freedom mobile ordering is giving us, it’s saving the stress of having to find somewhere we can all eat!

Anyway - fairfax fare was 2 units down from Catalina eddies over by the tower of terror. DH had the Empanada platter and I had the fairfax salad. He enjoyed his and my salad was plentiful and delicious. We both had a rum punch with our lunch.

Our afternoon snack was Jimbo’s choice - Jack Jack Num Num cookies from the Incredibles section of HS. He had been eyeing these up on Instagram for a long time now. We ordered 2 to share between the 4 of us, but I’ve bought about 2/3rds of one back with me, they are massive and about an inch deep!

After a ride on the Rockin Rollercoaster Eve & I picked up a frozen cola too cool off from a truck near the coaster, it was pretty refreshing & I think Eve needed it after her first experience of a real coaster!

We headed back at about 5.30 (plan to catch the late night show on our next visit) and whilst on the bus I mobile ordered our dinner at Spyglass grill, hit ‘I’m here’ as we got off the bus then waited about 10mins for it all to be ready, it was pretty quiet at the spyglass when we arrived so you could tell all the food was cooked to order, it did start to get busier at about 6.30/7pm.

The kids both had a cheeseburger with fries from the adult menu Jimbo with a big bottle of Nesquik, Eve had a Fanta. DH had the Cuban sandwich with a Jamaican Dragon stout and I had a chorizo burger with a rum and ‘ortanique’ lemonade cocktail. Whilst I couldn’t taste any chorizo in my burger it was still pretty tasty, the kids ate theirs and DH enjoyed his sandwich so no complaints about the spyglass grill, they seem to have more cocktails there than at Center Town if that’s your kind of thing. The meals all came packaged up in takeaway cartons so you could easily take food back to your room if you didn’t fancy sitting out. (Sorry about the picture quality on this one... they were all getting a bit hungry for me to be faffing with a picture!)

At the end of today we’ve used
7 meal credits
6 snack credits

Less steps today at 13500.

Now we’ve completed a full circuit of the parks I asked the troops what their favourite meal has been so far. Eve & James both agreed it was their hot dog from Caseys. For DH it was the platter he had in ‘Morocco’ yesterday, my favourite so far has been my ribs from the Polite Pig. DH and I both agree that in terms of food quality our least favourite was breakfast at BoG, but we are still pleased we went for the experience.

I’ve seen a lot of comments on the food forum here about ordering alcoholic drinks on your child’s meal credit... as you’ve seen I’ve done it a fair bit, but I think as we are only ordering 1 or 2 meals at a time usually we aren’t being questioned or ID’d. I’ve not ordered 4 meals at the same place and ordered 4 alcoholic drinks with them - that would probably be pushing it!

Anyways, that’s probably enough of my musings today! I hope you all have a great start to your weekends!

Catch you tomorrow,

MrsWturns30

Edited at 02:16 AM.
MrsWturns30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List