Thread: Jordan & Petra
View Single Post
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Gunna
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
Just read you pre planning trippie - don't forget to take some warm clothes I went in March and it did get really cold at times. Wadi Rum was near freezing, Aqaba the temperature and sea were barely warm enough to swim in (and more to the point getting out of it was a challenge - like Whitely Bay in summer) - thankfully Dead Sea Day was a bit warmer and much more pleasant. Yes the weather can be changeable but a couple of light layers can work wonders. The mosaics at Madaba are small but amazing and you will be totally amazed by Petra - yes it is huge and if you intend climbing up to the Monastery take a good pair of shoes with a decent sole.

Please keep us up to date with your trip when you can.

PS Listen out for random playing of bagpipes especially at Jerash
Thanks again for the info. We’ve each got a checked bag so can take plenty of layers with us. If it’s a bit colder at the Dead Sea it will be a quick dip in then out for sure!

I saw a video of the bagpipers in Jerash, sounded amazing in the theatre, the acoustics were brilliant. Really looking forward to going and seeing the sights. Petra just looks breathtaking and the biblical sights will be something special to see too.

I’ll post more updates on my trip report up until we go and will definitely complete the full report when we are back. The people who are doing our tour are just waiting to get one hotel confirmed then it’s all booked. They have been really good, tailored it to what we wanted to do and I’m sure will make it a really amazing time.

Thanks again for the information, remember it not being massively warm in Egypt on an evening which seemed strange at the time given how hot it was during the day.

Neil

Life's not meant to be lived in one place

The One Stop Trip Spot - all my trip reports all in one place
Gunna is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List