Old 10 Oct 17, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

DAY 3: Rest day & Walmart

4 TS 3 QS
15,252 STEPS
WEATHER: hot

so we woke up slightly later today (7am; rebels that we are) and decided that today we'd go for a wee Uber drive to Walmart and pick up a few snacky things for the room (in reflection of this, we did NOT need to be buying any snacks for the room as we had more than enough snack credits to use up)

now, it's the first time we used Uber and i was a bit scared i was going to get a driver that didn't speak english and it'd be an awkward silence the whole ride...i have to say it was great, not to mention easy as pie to use! we linked our Revolut card to my uber account and ordered a ride through my phone app. It arrived in say 3 minutes and our first driver was a really nice woman who helped the kids into their car seats. our trip cost us $9.25 which we were good with trip back was $9.18. i did have the Lyft app too to compare ride prices but it seemed that when we wanted a ride, Uber came out cheaper 9 x out of 10.

$50 of crap later and we were Ubering it back to SSR to laze about before dinner. we couldn't get over the size of the crisp packets! If i filled it with water i'm sure my wee boy could take a bath in it! ( ok, slight exaggeration but man they were huge!)

we hopped on the boat at 4pm and slowly made our way to Raglan Road; our table service choice of the day.

loved the atmosphere of this place as it was just like being at an Irish pub, complete with irish dancers! Our server was really nice; talked about his daughter and how she'd love me as she loves colourful hair and tattoos Kids both had burgers as did i, and Hubby had some fishy dish. The kids meal was the same size as mine! loads of fries and a really nice juicy burger. Took bad being asked how i like my burger cooked though. I just assumed you just had one state of burger cooking - cooked.

pudding was delish but man i couldn't manage it all. As the holiday progressed we just had to start saying 'no thank you' to desserts. I may have taken to taking them home in a box though haha. waste not want not and all that jazz!

after tea we had a little wonder over to the Disney store and the Lego store before boating it back for the night.

The kids were still struggling with waking so early so i had purposefully planned our first week with early starts and early finishes. 2nd week were later starts and later finishes as we got used to the time difference. Not just a pretty face me, haha.

snuggled up in bed with my kindle and the kids snoring away, i wondered what day 4 was going to go down like...

Edited at 11:40 AM.
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List