View Single Post
Old 15 Nov 17, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
That's not the actual reason though. The average number of people watching the MK fireworks now is not significantly different to the average number one year ago (i.e. before HEA). More importantly Disney stopped the Electrical parade 7 months before HEA even started.

So clearly removing the parade has nothing to do with the HEA crowds. They've managed to put a parade on previously.

Disney originally stopped the electrical parade at WDW in order to move it over to Disneyland for a while. It is assumed that they haven't replaced it with anything else due to cost considerations (I suspect removing the electrical parade has had little to no effect on attendance numbers at MK and therefore why bother spending money to replace it if the same number of people are still visiting MK).

The crowds leaving MK after the fireworks have always been horrendous. It's not like it's a new thing since HEA. If anything, for the last year Disney has put the projection show (Once Upon a Time) after the firework show in an effort to stop a few people from leaving MK straight after the fireworks...

...and perhaps it helps a little.

As far as I remember, Once Upon a Time has been around 45 minutes after the firework show since it started.
Ok everyone don’t shoot the messenger , only passing on what we were told by a cast member, of course Disney aren’t going to admit cutbacks or cost savings to anyone . You only have to visit to see that is apparent everywhere you go within Disney .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List