View Single Post
Old 28 May 20, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rotonda Bound View Post
Rotonda West is half way between Sarasota & Fort Myers. You will need a car as it is about 10 - 15 mins drive to beautiful beaches.

There are 2 Dibb villas on here - Hank's & mine. Have a look and see what Rotonda has to offer. Happy to answer any questions and give more information on the area if you are interested.
RB, my apologies to you and Hank for not mentioning your coastline, that was lax of me

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Hey Chris! Hope you’re doing well in these crazy time’s? We’re all good, busy but good, our new pup has settled in, she’s crazy, no replacement for our old girl but a lovely new addition!

Appreciate the info, will take a look when I get home from work! I think we’re settled on Fort Myers/Cape Coral/Sanibel all depending on the right property. We would be staying for a full week, kids are teens and not overly active but enjoy swimming, the beach, wildlife, good food & relaxing! The whole area sounds perfect! We usually spend our beach days on the Atlantic coast as love Vero & Cocoa but fancy a change if staying for a prolonged period!
Glad the new pup is settling in, and whilst in a league of her own you'll always remember your awld lass Haven't replaced our Amber mitten, wouldn't be right/fair whilst we're travelling, unfortunately I do believe another mitten would be a healing salve as some 19 month on I'm still missing her dreadfully. I know it isn't her, just house noises, I hear Amber jumping off the bed, tappy lappy down the stairs, I still can't put my legs out straight in bed whilst reading as she used to lie there, the most spooky one was when the wind caught the cat flat, shot out of my chair and locked it

SW Fl is lovely area, ample beaches and places to visit. Below is a list I prepared a couple of years ago, all links are working:

I highly recommend a boat trip out of Maria Drive Marina, Pine Island with Capt Bruce. We go out with Bruce 3 or 4 times during our winter stays and have a blast - we take a picnic/plenty of drink vs going to a restaurant on Cabbage Key or Upper Captiva, but you do have those options. Bruce charges $50pp, minimum of 4 and is worth every cent, you'll be on the water for 6 or 7 hours. His boat is a 21 foot, double bimini (great for shade) pontoon, his service is 5*. Others charge considerable more. See HERE for reviews and photo's.

Cape Coral has a water park, Sunsplash, see HERE

SW Fl is a lovely area, you'll have a smashing time. Plenty of beaches, water sports, fishing. Naples is a nice place to check out too, excellent soft white beach and long pier - HERE
Naples conservancy - HERE
Tin City in Naples - HERE
Corkscrew Swamp - HERE
Ding Darling on Sanibel (closed Fridays) - HERE
Edison Ford Estate in Fort Myers - HERE
Everglades National Park boat tours, SUPERB, Everglades City - HERE
Babcock Ranch, EXCELLENT tour, on SR31 between Fort Myers and Arcadia - HERE

Octagon wildlife sanctuary, just off SR31 between Fort Myers & Punta Gorda; Lauri Caron is an incredible lady who provides a home to a multitude of animals, from exotic tigers, a rare black leopard, lions, bears, wolves to donkeys, goats, chickens, ducks, raccoons, gators et al - check out the website video - you won't regret visiting Octagon. Citizens/local big & small businesses donate food, supplies, manpower to keep them all fed. All volunteers happily donate their time, some for 10 plus years, ensuring the majority of monies collected cares for the animals. Check website for opening hours - HERE

Fort Myers tourist website, Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel - HERE
Visit Florida website - HERE
Muscle Car City, Punta Gorda - HERE
Shopping anyone? Miramar Outlets with over 140 top designer outlet stores - HERE
Sanibel Outlets - HERE

If you like music the SW Fla top band is Deb & the Dynamics - they're good. Take a look at their schedule HERE. Their schedule is sparse at the moment, but Doc Fords is usually on a Sunday (under Fort Myers Beach Bridge HERE), grab a meal and watch as they play outdoors from 1 to 4pm - they used to play on a Friday night 6 to 9pm at Pinchers @ Wyndham Hotel on Estero beach.
Extremely professional band, Deb sings like Janis Joplin, take a peek

The sax players wander into the audience when playing, no charge to most venues, eat, drink or drink, don't eat, nobody cares, just go, watch this excellent band and have a good time.

Edited at 12:41 PM.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List