View Single Post
Old 18 Feb 13, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Hi Heather,
As much as I would like to give a black and white answer I can't. Each thread/Post has to be taken on it's own merit depending on the actual context of the thread. One of the reasons we don't want members trying to moderate the threads.

Why should threads on 'Tipping' for example be banned just because some members can't be adult about things. This thread has been made so that we can tackle the members that turn innocent threads into arguments.

If someone asks about tipping and someone says I don't bother tipping, that is just them expressing what they are doing or their opinion, it's not an excuse for other members to then have a go at them telling them they shouldn't be going to florida if they can't afford to tip, etc.

Admin and Moderators will decide which threads are allowed or not allowed.
I think these can be the most frustrating posts though!

Someone asks what to do in a certain tipping situation (eg party of 6 ) it doesn't call for someone to then say they don't bother tipping at all.

In a similar manner if someone asks what is the legal allowance for bringing goods into the UK from the USA it doesn't call for someone to posts they always bring more.

Neither reply is answering the question and will always get an alternative response causing a discussion and not the information required by the op.

I know this thread isn't for discussion and really for information so will leave this.

I appreciate that there are a lot of members with many different points of views so there will always be some very 'lively' discussions.

Thanks for the reply.

Edited at 02:44 PM.
Heather1957 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List