View Single Post
Old 26 Jul 10, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Hi Louise

I really hope you don't take this the wrong way

Like Clare I am a Type 1 of 30 years plus. Also like Clare I don't count carbs like you are trying to, but just "know" roughly what is in what portion / meal. I guess this comes with experience and loads of practice as well as being confident enough to do it?

I am not saying you shouldn't try and count them - not at all - but there are so many other variables that will impact their levels that you have to, to a certain extent, just relax and go with the flow a bit. What I mean by this is that the hot weather and huge amounts of exercise will also have a big impact as well as the amount of carbs.

I am sure you'll be equipped with glucose tabs or the like in case they do go low, so I'm just trying to say, don't worry massively. It will all work out!

Have fun!

Karen

PS Edited to add, err on the side of caution with insulin to start with. I find that I go down to almost no units in the daytime due to the heat and non stop walking!
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List