View Single Post
Old 23 Jan 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Just a quick update to those that replied. Took Bill to his first appointment today at the new vets. What a total difference. Bill is terrified of the vets normally. We were in the consulting room 40 mins. She was calm professional and made me feel like she was really listening. She left Bill to his own devices he had a nervous poop (mortified!) Carried on talking while cleaning up. Bill fell asleep briefly and sat by her feet at the end of the consultation. We've come away with the start of a new option to try based on how difficult his ears are to handle and the increased allergy symptoms. As dibbers recommended we have apoquel tablets to try. If that doesn't do the trick for quality of life he could then stay on low dose steroid. We may at some point have to irrigate his ears. The way she explained why didnt make it sound like a way of charging a hefty fee and not helping the problem long term. It's more after trial of tablets the ear wash would be having a good clean a thorough examination and starting his ears with a clean slate so to speak. She was an amazing vet why I haven't changed before I have no clue. Fingers crossed this helps.